What Is The Best season Best To Sell Rice Paddy
- What Are The Ingredient For Poultry Feed
- How Can I Start Exportation Business?
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- What are other Benefits Derived from Pig Farming?
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How To Start And Run a Mushroom Farm In Lagos
Rice is the only cereal plant capable of growing in water. The word paddy means rice growing in deep water. The plant will stretch its roots to the muddy bottom and reach upward above the waterline for air and the height of the plant can be regulated by the depth of the water. Rice can grow as much as 10 inches in a day in order to keep up with rising water. Rice will even sprout emergency roots at the top leaves in case rising floodwaters tear it loose. It can float and survive until floodwaters recede and reestablish itself in a new location.
During the raining season.