How Can i Get My Products Registered With NAFDAC
- Where Is The Main Source Of Coal In Nigeria?
- Contacts Of Plastic Recycling Companies In Port Harcourt
- How Can I Ship Charcoal from Thailand to Lebanon?
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How to Start Crayfish Business in Nigeria and Make it Big
- How To Become a Chi Company Distributor
- Necessary Documents for Starting Export in Nigeria
You are definitely on the right part trying to register your Cookies business.
If the business you’ve chosen to go into involves the manufacture or importation of goods that fall within the description of food or drug, then be sure that you cannot legitimately carry on such trade without the appropriate registration of the product(s) by the National Agency for Food And Drug Administration And Control, NAFDAC.
Anybody who has lived in Nigeria or monitored the goings-on here in recent years will definitely know that NAFDAC is one government agency that has shown full commitment to executing its mandate without fear or favour. NAFDAC is empowered by the relevant laws to ensure that no processed food shall be manufactured in, imported into, exported from, or advertised, sold or distributed in Nigeria, without NAFDAC’s approval.
To do so will be in breach of the law and NAFDAC has shown it has no sympathy for such offenders. The prescribed penalties are stiff, including forfeiture of the goods.
As NAFDAC has continually demonstrated, applying the full weight of the law is not an option it shies away from. If you are serious about the business you propose to engage in, the sensible way is to fully comply with the regulatory requirements.
Below are the requirements for NAFDAC registration by NAFDAC themselves:
The following are required from Applicants
1. Submit your application form with all relevant documents for registration and application letter in accordance with the issued guidelines .
2. Provide NAFDAC with the relevant information and description of the facility for inspection where it relates to registration and importation of NAFDAC regulated products.
3. Provide samples of the products to be registered when notified by NAFDAC for laboratory analysis.
4. Ensure all payments are made as at when due
5. Ensure all documents are complete and with the appropriate description to prevent unnecessary delays.
1. Registration of food product not more than 90 days from acceptance of application.
2. Registration of drug product not more than 120 days from acceptance of application.
3. Variation of product registration takes not more than 60 days
A client is mandated to comply with Compliance Directive (CD) within 7 days of issuance.
Note failure to comply with any CD issued by NAFDAC may be a basis for cancellation of the application and all delays of the client will not be counted within the 90 days for registration.
All Complaints or conflicts should be forwarded to the reforms unit of NAFDAC through the following address; firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or the nearest nafdac state offices.
Summary of Registration processes with timelines
1. Submission of Application – 0 days
2. Document Verification – 10 days for food and drug
3. Facility Inspection/Sampling – 20 days for Food, 40 days for Drug
4. Laboratory Analysis – 30 days for Food, 40 days for Drug
5. Final Vetting – 10 days for food and drug
6. Approval Meeting/Issuance of NAFDAC registration Number (Certificate of registration) – 20 days for food and drug.
Total number of days: 90 days for Food, 120 days for Drugs
Go ahead, register your business and start making money as a boss of your own