Cost of Starting a Tomato Farming in Nigeria
We want to find out what is the estimated cost of starting a tomato farming in different parts of the country. Especially in the north so that we can compare it to the east and east west. People are asking this question everyday and we want your informed honest answers.
Include as many details as you can.Details such as cost of acquiring a farm land, planting, weed control, fertilizer, and harvesting. Cost of transporting the tomato from the north and east to the major cities is needed too.
- What Are The Ingredient For Poultry Feed
- How Can I Start Exportation Business?
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- What are other Benefits Derived from Pig Farming?
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How To Start And Run a Mushroom Farm In Lagos
You can start tomato farming from as low as N100,000 to millions of naira. It depends on your budget and the size of your land.
Prices of land depends on the location and state you want to acquire the land. Approximately, a plot of land in Nigeria, from least starts from N250,000-N800,000 and above.
Cost of transporting tomatoes from North to east starts from N80, 000-N150,000 depending on the amount of tomatoes you are transporting.
The production rate is a determinant. You need a land off course. Since its a farm, it will not be too expensive. You need around #200, 000 for that. It depends on how many plots you want to start with.
Transportation from North will cost nothing less than #100, 000 for a Boxer which is a Bus designed for goods transportation.