Do Flour Mill Companies Really Buy Cassava Flour Directly From Farmers?
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How To Start And Run a Mushroom Farm In Lagos
- How to Apply for Youwin and How Much can I Apply for?
- I Need Sesame Seeds in Tonnes, Either Brown or White
- Where to Buy Turkey in Nigeria and How Hatch the Eggs?
If you are a farmer who’s interested in selling your products directly to flour mill companies,doing this may be a bit difficult if you do not have the structure which gives you an edge over middle men. In Nigeria, middlemen are the ones who deal directly with the farmers. This is mainly because the farmer does not have adequate transport and storage facilities. If they don’t sell,they risk losing all of their produce to . middle men take advantage of this to exploit the farmers. It is therefore unlikely, though not impossible for the flour mill companies to do business directly with the farmers
I will advice you to make a pitch. Companies can be very selective and most of them prefer their current supplier. Most companies even own a farm for their products.
When you have a company in mind, pitch them, submit a proposal, convince them why they should do business with you and keep disturbing the.
Nothing is impossible. Submit as many proposals as possible. You can also start supplying local restaurants and then use them as a reference to prove you are experienced.
There is no harm in trial.