Groundnut and Palm Kernel Producing States in Nigeria?
Please I would like to know where groundnuts and palm kernel seeds are mostly produced in Nigeria. Which state or which region produces the most quantity of Groundnuts in Nigeria? Which state produces Palm Kernel in large quantity in Nigeria? Thanks in advance!
- What Are The Ingredient For Poultry Feed
- How Can I Start Exportation Business?
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- What are other Benefits Derived from Pig Farming?
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How To Start And Run a Mushroom Farm In Lagos
The climate in NIgeria supports the cultivation of certain food crop types in certain geographical locations. Groundnut production is mainly found in the northern part of the country while palm kernel which are harvested from palm trees and used for making palm oil are mostly found in the southern part of Nigeria. For the states producing the most groundnuts in Nigeria, they include the states of the North West which include Katsina, Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa and also states of the North Eastern region made up of Gombe, Adamawa, Taraba and Yobe. Some North Central states also produce this crop.
For states producing the highest amount of palm kernel, they include the states of the South Eastern Region. These states consist of Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Abia, and Ebonyi. Others include Akwa Ibom State.