How Can i Control Odor In Pig Farming?
- What Are The Ingredient For Poultry Feed
- How Can I Start Exportation Business?
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- What are other Benefits Derived from Pig Farming?
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How To Start And Run a Mushroom Farm In Lagos
Although the odour cannot be erased completely, but you can take some precautions to minimize the odour so as not to get neighbours angry or make your street unbearable for family and friends.
The best thing Is to make your pig house far from the town a bit. And aside the location, you can try:
Use good quality drinking water low in sulfates and nitrates.
Use split-sex feeding to enhance nutrient efficiency and reduce nutrient excretions.
Use proper grinding and/or pelleting to enhance digestibility of feeds and reduce nitrogen excretion by 20 to 24%.
Use phase-feeding to enhance nutrient efficiency and reduce nutrient excretions.
Dutch research has shown that a three-phase feeding program can reduce ammonia emissions 45% and odors 55%.
Use wet feeding (3:1 water to feed ratio) to reduce odors from 23% to 31% by reducing water and feed spillage.
Add oils and fats to feed (1% or more) to reduce production of dust, which carries odor.