How Many Times do I Need to Weed Cassava Plantation
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How To Start And Run a Mushroom Farm In Lagos
- How to Apply for Youwin and How Much can I Apply for?
- I Need Sesame Seeds in Tonnes, Either Brown or White
- Where to Buy Turkey in Nigeria and How Hatch the Eggs?
As a cassava farmer, weeding can be quite challenging. However, the number of times you need to weed before your crops are right for harvest is normally 2 times, and 3 in some cases where the land supports the growth of weeds. You can significantly reduce this though by the use of herbicides which significantly inhibit the growth of these weeds.
For your second question on the tonnage of cassava to be realized from 1 acre, you can realize up to 20.2 tons of cassava from 1 acre. A hectare producing 50 tonnes.
Weeding a cassava farm can be quite herculean but you have to do it, so as to enable the cassava grow well.
You need to weed your cassava farm twice, the first time is after some months of planting the cassava when the weeds starts competing with the cassava and the second time is when the cassava is all grown up, at this time there won’t be too much weed because the cassava has outgrown the weed but you have to weed it to give the cassava enough space.
Hope this helps?