Profit And Loss In Poultry Farming Business
Dear Darlington, I really appreciate your ingenuity in promoting agricultural business in Nigeria.
However, the incessant increase in the cost of feeds has make poultry business in Nigeria not attractive as enumerated by you lately.
Pls can you update on the current situation of the economy relating to poultry business. Thank you.
- Which Source of Water is Better for Agriculture in Nigeria
- How to Find People with Knowledge of Agriculture in Nigeria
- Where to Get Hybrid Species of Plantain and Banana
- Cassava Farming and Plantain Farming Advice
- Capital Required to Start a Poultry Business in Nigeria
- Plantain Cultivation Cost Estimate - Size of Land Needed
- List of Honey Producing State in Nigeria and Quantity
Think the most profitable aspect of poultry farming at this time is eggs production. Cost of eggs has gone up considerably in relation to the cost of feeds, and the demand for eggs is ever increasing.
Another way to force down the cost of production is to start your own production of feeds. If you can plant the corns, millet, guinea corn, or even rice and using it for your chicken feeds production, that will help reduce your overhead in the long run.
However, feeds production is a niche on its own that requires extensive planning and robust capital. It is important to make a reasonable projection in your poultry business planning. Budget for street years of loss making.