Profit And Loss In Poultry Farming Business
Dear Darlington, I really appreciate your ingenuity in promoting agricultural business in Nigeria.
However, the incessant increase in the cost of feeds has make poultry business in Nigeria not attractive as enumerated by you lately.
Pls can you update on the current situation of the economy relating to poultry business. Thank you.
- How to Apply for Youwin and How Much can I Apply for?
- I Need Sesame Seeds in Tonnes, Either Brown or White
- Where to Buy Turkey in Nigeria and How Hatch the Eggs?
- Price of Catfish Per Kilogram in Nigerian Markets
- Buyers for Catfish and Price of Catfish per Kilogram?
- Where to Get Investors for my Farming Project
- How Much Does It Require To Start Up A Pig Farm With 50 Pigs
Think the most profitable aspect of poultry farming at this time is eggs production. Cost of eggs has gone up considerably in relation to the cost of feeds, and the demand for eggs is ever increasing.
Another way to force down the cost of production is to start your own production of feeds. If you can plant the corns, millet, guinea corn, or even rice and using it for your chicken feeds production, that will help reduce your overhead in the long run.
However, feeds production is a niche on its own that requires extensive planning and robust capital. It is important to make a reasonable projection in your poultry business planning. Budget for street years of loss making.