How to apply for Switzerland student Visa from Nigeria, Switzerland student visa processing time, Switzerland student visa rules are few of the questions on your mind at this moment. Or do you want information about Switzerland embassy in Nigeria, Switzerland student visa fees, Switzerland student visa spouse and other related questions about Switzerland student visa. You should read this article to the end because this post will provide you with the accurate information you need about getting your Switzerland student Visa from Nigeria easily.
You can have access to my previous articles under the Study Abroad section to read about how to apply for student visa for Countries like: US, UK, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Belarus, Thailand, India, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, Kenya, South Africa, Lithuania, Georgia and others. I will give you a step by step guide on how to get a Switzerland student Visa from Nigeria from start to finish.
Study In Switzerland Overview
I am sure you must have seen a lot of articles about Switzerland and maybe some pictures of the new country you are going to further your Education. I just want to add a little to what you know about switzerland.
There are the 10 Cantonal Universities and the two federal institutes of technology in Switzerland. Some of whose histories, particularly in the case of the Cantonal universities, date back to the 15th century. The oldest university in Switzerland founded in 1460. All twelve universities operate more or less in the classical tradition of European universities in that they both teach and conduct research, and offer a wide range of studies within the faculties of law and economics, mathematics, natural sciences, humanities and social science. If you are doubting if you will get quality education, I can assure you that you will get a world standard education in Switzerland.
How To Apply For Switzerland Student Visa From Nigeria
Swiss universities offer a very high standard of education and comparatively low tuition fees in bachelor, master, and doctoral degree levels respectively. As a Nigerian international student looking to study in Switzerland, you’ll need to apply for a Switzerland student visa from the Swiss embassy before travelling to Switzerland.
The reason you are going to Switzerland will determine the type of Visa you will apply for. A business man will need a business visa, a tourist will apply for a tourist visa and you as a student will need a switzerland student visa.
Switzerland Student Visa
The Swiss student visa is issued to visa applicants who intend to undertake studies, language courses or vocational training from an accredited university or institute in Switzerland.
For short courses of less than 90 days, you’ll need a short-term Schengen C visa, while for courses of more than 90 days, a national D visa and a residence permit will be required for travel. Residence permits are issued by the Cantonal Migration Offices.
A distinction is made between short-term residence permits is less than one year. Annual residence permits is limited and permanent residence permits is unlimited.
Switzerland Student Visa Required Documents
Swiss visa application for a long-term D visa, documents will include:
1. Three Visa Type D application form. You have to fill it completely and sign it.
2. Four identical passport photographs in dimensions of 35-40 mm, in colour, full face capture, white background, no wigs, glasses, etc. It must be a recent passport photographs.
3. An international passport with 12 months validity and two blank leaflets at the back.
4. Two copies of passport pages listing past travel history or any visa refusal letter.
5. Two copies of international passport bio data pages.
6. Original and two copies of proof of adequate financial resources to cover your costs while you’re in Switzerland. Whether yourself, parents or a sponsor, such as copies of bank statements (6 months duration) or a letter from the bank.
7. Proof of healthcare insurance which includes cover medical costs of up to €30,000.
8. Original and two copies of birth certificate.
9. Original confirmation of enrolment at a recognised Swiss educational institution, inclusive of two copies.
10. Original confirmation of course tuition fees paid, inclusive of two copies.
11. Original certificate of English language proficiency test and two copies, i.e. IELTS, TOEFL.
12. Two copies of Curriculum Vitae
13. Motivation letter outlining why you want to come to Switzerland to study and how this will be beneficial to your career.
14. Original and two copies of previous educational certificates and diplomas.
15. A signed statement letter confirming that you will leave Switzerland at the end of the course.
16. Receipt of visa application fee of N22, 200, this is paid at the teller counter of the embassy, application processing fees may be charged. Note that this fee is non-refundable
17. The Switzerland embassy will take Biometric data such as fingerprints scan and facial image. This will be in the Visa Information System for five years
Switzerland Student Visa Application Processing
Visa applicants to Switzerland need an appointment at least one week ahead in order to submit their visa application. You should book appointment immediately after receiving your conditional offer of admission into a Swiss university. Also submit your application as early as 10 weeks – 6 months before travel date.
You can get an appointment from the embassy by sending an e-mail to this address: email@example.com.
While setting up the appointment, you must provide following information:
Nature of travel i.e. studies
Your complete name
Planned arrival date and travel itinerary in Switzerland.
Your appointment will be fixed with the embassy from Monday to Thursday between 09:00AM and 11:00AM. On your appointment day you will be required to arrive at least 10 minutes in advance, show your passport to the doorman for him to verify your name is on the list.
Other Important Things About Switzerland Student Visa
Make sure you complete the filling of the form and make it ready. With all the necessary documents, photocopies and photos, in accordance with the Switzerland visa rules. An incomplete application usually requires a new appointment.
The visa procedure takes 8 – 12 weeks from the date of your application acceptance to process.
Switzerland Student Visa Passport collection
The collection of passports is possible Monday to Thursday between 14:00PM/14:30PM and on Friday between 10:30AM/11:00AM, no appointment needed.
You must register your arrival and arrange to get your residence permit from the cantonal migration offices 14 days after your arrival in Switzerland. While you are waiting for your B permit (which may take some weeks), you’ll be given attestation that will allow you to open a bank account but won’t allow you to leave the country. You’ll be issued with a permit B in the form of a biometric card. It’s valid for a year and renewable.
Switzerland Embassy Address
157, Adetokunbo Ademola crescent,
Now you know everything you should know about Switzerland student visa. If you have any questions, you can go ahead and ask below. You can share this article via our social media buttons below for others to benefit from it.
Thank you so much for reading. Please remember to share.