If you are searching for how to apply for Malaysia student Visa from Nigeria, how to apply for Malaysia Visa from Nigeria, Malaysia student visa requirements or you are looking for Malaysia student Visa information. In this article, i will be giving you a guide on how to bring your dream of studying in Malaysia into reality from start to finish.
Someone might want to ask if Malaysia is really a good choice to study or a good place to be. Let me tell you something. Malaysia has become a popular overseas education destination for international students. Amongst the host of Asian universities, Malaysian universities are widely known all over the world.
Malaysian universities draw a number of students from all over the world, creating an inclusive environment to study.
Malaysian institutes have strong partnerships with leading global industries and organizations, helping students find good internship opportunities or suitable employment after graduation.
Also, the branch campuses of world-class institutions in Malaysia are suitable for students looking for affordable and quality education
If you are thinking of moving on in Malaysia, you have made a right choice.
How to Apply for Malaysia Student Visa
Malaysia is a beautiful country, full of natural beauty, scenic attractions and friendly people. Kuala Lumpur is the capital city and the country is one of the most visited countries in Asia. You will need a visa for entry into the country and you have to undergo certain processes before you can acquire a visa to study in Malaysia.
1. Decide on Types of Visa
Just as different countries have different categories of Visa to apply to enter their country, Malaysia is not exempted.
There are three different types of visas that you could use to enter into Malaysia.
- Student visa
- Social visa
- Business visa
The list are the 3 basic types of visa that anybody who wish to do anything in Malaysia is expected to apply for in other to enter the country.
The most important and more better and comfortable visa is basically for those coming to Malaysia for study is that of a student visa. Which is the exact one I will be talking about in this article.
2. Meet the Student Visa Requirements
There are some requirements you have to fulfill before you can start your application. It is important you have all these documents available.
All Applications are submitted at Malaysia High Commission in Abuja. Applicants are advice to provide all required document to avoid unnecessary delays in processing their application.
And also, you should note that you will apply in person
To apply for student visa you must submit the following documents:
- International Passport: An International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages. The Passport should still be valid till after your stay in Malaysia. You can learn how to apply here.
- Photocopy of the data page of your passport.
- Carefully fill the visa application form. You have to do it by yourself so that you can answer the question fields correctly. And I will tell you to be as honest as possible as you can be. You don’t want to play smart.
- Letter of admission from a government approved college in Malaysia. Before you say you want to study in Malaysia, you must have applied and offered an admission into a University there. The first step you might want to take is apply in different schools that offers the course you want to study.
3. Pay Attention to Details
- 1. Submit original immigration approval letter. This is very important. It shows you have been confirmed.
- 2. Original and copy of your relevant credentials
- 3. Original and photocopy of a duly signed yellow fever certificate. Malaysia don’t want any insecurity of health issues from a foreigner.
- 4. Letter of confirmation from your parent or sponsor. That is very important
- 5. Letter of eligibility from the Ministry of education in Nigeria
- 6. Your parents or sponsor’s bank account statement the last 3 months, original and photocopy must be submitted. They want to be sure that you have the ability to finance your study period.
- 7. An original and photocopy of clearance certificate from National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- 8. Pay the visa fee
Malaysian Student Visa Processing
Malaysia application processing usually takes within 4 to 6 working days from the date of application submission. You can only submit your application in person from Monday to Friday between 9.30am to 12.30pm.
The visa can be collected between 3pm to 4:30pm from Monday to Friday except on public holidays.
Malaysia Embassy Contact Details in Nigeria
Address: No. 4A,Plot 2232 B, Rio Negro Close,
off Yedseram Street, Maitama, Abuja
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
For More information, visit the Embassy official websites via here
My advice on how to apply for Malaysia student Visa from Nigeria to everyone reading this is below. Please pay attention.
Malaysia is a disciplined country, when you are there, you have to play by the rules. Respect their culture and religion believes. A majority Muslim nation they take their religion seriously.
During the Ramadan fasting, eating in the open is regarded as an insult, a non-Muslim visitor is expected to be courteous of those fasting.
Reasonably, it’s expected to abstain from eating and drinking in the public during the period.
Penalty for illegality is severe, so keep off from whatever is considered illegal.
Have a nice time studying in Malaysia. I hope i answered your question of how to apply for Malaysia student Visa from Nigeria. You can share this article with our social media buttons and if you have any questions, you should just ask below.
Thank you for reading how to apply for Malaysia student Visa from Nigeria.