How to apply for Norway Student Visa from Nigeria, study in Norway for Nigerian students and how much is Norway visa in Naira. Either you are looking for Norway student visa requirements or Norway embassy in Lagos Nigeria. All the questions including Norway visa application form online and study in Norway for international students are the reason for this article.
I will want to tell you that you can do it yourself. And you don’t have to pay any online agent to do it for you. There has been stories of people who were ripped by Scammers claiming to do all the processing for you. This article will guide you on how to apply for Norway Student Visa from Nigeria step by step. All you just need to do is read this post to the end.
You can read about how to apply for a student visa for Countries like: US, UK, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, Japan, Russia, Malaysia, China, Portugal, Singapore, Italy and others. Just click any country above to read more. The main idea here is Norway Student Visa and we will stay on that. Continue reading
Norway Education Overview
Around the Storgata region, in Oslo, lives one of the greatest communities of Nigerians. Norwegians are very accepting towards the community there, especially towards the students and working people. Norway is a very welcoming country. Don’t expect to meet too many native Norwegians because the majority of the residents are foreigners. Considering the way they welcome students and outsiders, there’s no wonder people choose Norway as their choice destination for their international study experience.
The most interesting part is that if you enter any restaurant, shop or grocery store in Norway, you will find someone who speaks English fluently and who will accommodate you. Norway is a good place to study.
How To Apply For Norway Student Visa From Nigeria
Depending on your purpose in Norway, you will have to apply for a Visa. Entering into another country without a Visa is illegal and if you are caught, you might face some embarrassing moments. In other to avoid any occurrences, you will have to apply for a visa. The category of a Visa a business man or a tourist will apply for will be different to the one a student will apply for. The purpose of this article is not to talk about Norway business visa or Norway transit visa but to talk about Norway Student Visa.
Norway Student Visa Requirements
In order to be granted a student visa for Norway, you must have been admitted to a field of study at a college or university. A complete and honest documents will make the consular officer consider your application. Below are documents you need to be able to apply for Norway Student Visa from Nigeria
When you hand in your student residence permit application form, you must also provide your passport, along with other necessary documentation. You’ll need to submit:
1. A completed application form. Click here to see the form.
2. Receipt of having paid the application fee (NOK 3,200, which is roughly US$370).
3. A valid international passport. Click here to to see how to apply.
4. Two recent passport-sized photos with a white background
5. Evidence of admittance to an approved full-time education program
6. Evidence of sufficient financial funds for the entire period of study. This including funds to support any accompanying family, which should be in a Norwegian bank account. It can be difficult to open an account in a Norwegian bank without a Norwegian personal number. So you can usually deposit the required amount into an account established by your educational institution. You need to prove you have access to NOK 111,657 for each academic year (10 months), which is approximately US$13,000.
7. Evidence that you have somewhere to live. Such as a house, apartment, bedsit or room in a hall of residence.
8. Evidence that you will leave Norway when your residence permit expires. This is usually in the form of a return ticket.
9. Completed and signed UDI document checklist, which you should print off and hand in along with your other documents.
Norway Student Visa Processing Time
Processing times for student residence permits will vary and may take two months or so. Therefore it is advisable to apply as soon as you are able. If the officials grant your application, you must then obtain a Norway Student Visa. This is proof that you have the right to live in Norway and is issued by your local police station in Norway. You’re required to visit the police station within seven days of your arrival in Norway. You’ll have your fingerprints and photo taken and will be sent your residence card by post within 10 working days.
Royal Norwegian Embassy in Abuja
Address: 54 T. Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro, Abuja
Opening hours: Monday-Thursday from 1.30 pm-3.30 pm and Friday from 11 am-12 pm.
E-mail: [email protected]
You can see that how to apply for Norway Student visa from Nigeria is really easy. Get an admission from a recognised institution and prepare the necessary documents. If you have any questions, you can ask below.
Thank you so much for reading.