Cost of Fish Feed and Feed Pelleting Machine in Nigeria
I will like to know the cost of Fish Feed in Nigeria? And also how many times can one feed this fish? For people that want to venture into this business they will like to get this important fact right before venturing into the business.
Anyone with the right information, should please contribute his/her own opinion. We also want to know the cost of fish feed pelleting machine in Nigeria and where we can get it
- Which Source of Water is Better for Agriculture in Nigeria
- How to Find People with Knowledge of Agriculture in Nigeria
- Where to Get Hybrid Species of Plantain and Banana
- Cassava Farming and Plantain Farming Advice
- Capital Required to Start a Poultry Business in Nigeria
- Plantain Cultivation Cost Estimate - Size of Land Needed
- List of Honey Producing State in Nigeria and Quantity
Lately, the cost of fish feed in Nigeria has significantly gone up. This trend has seen fish farmers groaning under the current price of fish feed. A 15kg bag of catfish feed goes for N9,000, while foreign produced fish feed go for N11,000. Tilapia fees go for N4,200, while a 15kg bag feed for fries (that is baby fishes) goes for N11,500.
The frequency of feeding for fishes depend on the level of development or growth of the fish. For juvenile fish, feeding needs to be more frequent to to their higher metabolic rate. Hence, these should be fed 2 to 3 times daily. For fish that weigh up to 400g, these should be fed once a day.
The cost of fish pelleting machine depends on the capacity of the machine. A higher capacity feed pelleting machine will certainly cost higher than a lower capacity pelleting machine. The price range of a feed pelleting machine starts from N1,788,500 to N12,410,000