What Costs Constitute Organizational Expenses For Tax Deduction?
- How does one find investors and start a successful investors platform?
- How to Invest in Stock Market Trading in Nigeria
- How Can I BuyTreasury Bills in Nigeria And What is the Benefits
- What Is The Minimum Number Of Shares I Can Buy
- How To Learn Forex Trading in Nigeria Free
- How Do i Buy Shares in Nigeria
- What Is Commission Rate On Each Transaction On Share/Bonds?
Have you just started a new business? Did you know expenses incurred before a business begins operations are not allowed as current deductions? If you want to deduct a larger portion of your start up cost in the first year, a new business will want to begin operations as early as possible and hold off incurring some of those expenses until after business begins.
The following are however exempted from tax: –
- Medical or Dental expenses incurred by the employee;
- Retirement gratuities and compensation loss of office;
- The cost of passage to or from Nigeria incurred by the employee;
- Interest on loans for developing an owner-occupied residential house;
- Leave allowance, which is computed as 10% of annual basic salary subject to a maximum of N7, 500 per annum.