How to Start Bitterleaf Business and Make Profit
Starting bitter leaf business is it a worthwhile investment? If it is how do one start and make profit? Considering the health benefit and it use for other things should make venturing into the business a worthwhile investment or what do you think?
- What Are The Ingredient For Poultry Feed
- How Can I Start Exportation Business?
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- What are other Benefits Derived from Pig Farming?
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
- How To Start And Run a Mushroom Farm In Lagos
This plant mostly grows in rain forest areas because of this, it is mostly found in the eastern part of the country. They value it very much. Bitter leaf plant can be planted using the stem. That makes it easy to get as many plants as you want from few number of stems available to you.
Here are what you need to know to start a bitter leaf farming:
- Get bitter leaf plant stem
You can get these stems from a neigbour if you stay in the eastern part of the country. You can also buy them from any farmers’ market. The stems are not costly as much.
- Clear and till the land
Clear the land where you will plant them. Make sure it will have good sun shine. Till the land very well or you make a good bed for them.
- Planting the stem
I suppose you know how it is planted.
- Caring for the plant
These plants can survive with little care. Just make sure the termites don’t eat up the shoot. Check that animal and other pest don’t eat up the stem.
- Harvesting the leaves.
You can just cut the leaves from the stem but not cutting the stem. Then wait to see it grow out another leaves.
Then you market it.