If you are a web owner, your major source of revenue or traffic monetization may be through Google Adsense ad serving. If you are an aspiring web owner, you may also be thinking about Google Adsense as the major means through which you’ll monetize your site traffic when the time comes. Whatever the case my be, the question is: How do you improve your Google Adsense earning and make most out of your site’s traffic?
You may be expecting some secret code that will be depositing dollars in your adsense account even when you aren’t doing anything? There is no such code anywhere on the internet world, in fact there is no secrets whatsoever about adsense program as some internet marketers would want you to believe. However, there are 5 little tweaks that have been known to improve adsense earning.
1. Work on your site Traffic – The ultimate secret of earning big with Google Adsense is huge traffic. If your site traffic is good, you adsense earning will be good and sustainable. The reason is because you are monetizing people; the more people you have to monetize, the more money you will make.
TV Stations with more viewership charge advertisers more money to show their ads. Newspapers and Magazines with wider readership, make more money per ad space, etc. The same thing apply to PPC advertising and any other form of advertising, the only reasonable explanation why anyone would pay to have his adverts displays on your website is because he beliefs the ads will get seen by people, not by software nor by you! The rule is simple: Little traffic little money, Big traffic big money! Trust me, there is no shortcut other than this!
Some people would want you to belief there is “adsense secret crack code”, the only crack code available is to improve your site traffic. Build site that appeal to people, offer quality contents, and promote your site; as your traffic grows, your revenue will grow.
2. Work on your Keywords – When writing articles, be sure to target keywords specific to the article you’re writing. E.g, this article is about how to improve your Google Adsense earning, you’ll notice that the primary keyword is “Google Adsense” and see how it appears predominantly on the article. If I decides to run Adsense on this page, it will be easier for ‘Adsense bot’ to understand what my page is all about and serve ad that is related to this page content.
If Google serves ads from Advertisers who target my keywords, I will likely get higher pay per click compare to what I will earn per click if my keywords aren’t well defined.
Before you write article, use keywords research tools such as Google traffic estimator
to gain insight on the keywords you intend to optimize in your article. Apart from increasing your adsense earning per click, it will also increase your search engine ranking which in turn will drive more traffic back to your site and add further to your revenue. So, be sure to work on your keywords.
3. Work on your Ad Placement – Not all positions on your website receives maximum attention or get noticed the same way, adsense has been known to receive better exposure on certain positions of websites and blogs more than the others. Therefore, experiment until you find the best suited ad position on your site.
However, certain positions have been known to perform very well in terms of click through ratio (CTR) without compromising your contents generally. Many publishers have found success placing 336 x 280 large rectangle ad format directly under the post title, others prefer text only 336 x 280 under their blog posts. These two positions are known to receive more clicks than every other positions. Experiment with your ad positioning until you find the most effective position with your ad.
4. Work on your Ad Color – My Top Secret: I have experimented extensively and discovered that Google’s default ad color receives more clicks irrespective of your site’s color and I’m yet to see anyone prove me wrong! The reason is because most people are accustomed to seeing blue links.
For most color techniques, I recommend using colors for your ad text and links that already exist on your site. For example, if the links on your site are all green and your text is black, use green links and black text in your ads as well. Since most users are accustomed to seeing blue links, you might also try using blue.
In general, use common sense when choosing your ad styles. If your site’s main colors are pastels, don’t design ads that are all primary colors. Users won’t click on ads that are visually offensive.
5. Work on your Adsense for Search – Setup your custom search to search only your site, that will keep your visitors to your site longer and increase the chances of them noticing your ads and clicking on them. If you set it to search the web, you’ll lose them faster to other sites and decrease your CTR.
Before you set your Adsense for search to search only your site, be sure to have plenty contents on your website else, they wouldn’t be enough search result and that may likely put your users off.
“Google AdSense combines Google’s search technology with thousands of keyword advertisers to deliver targeted text-based ads to search result pages. People find these ads useful and click on them, and when they do, Google pays you.”
There is yet to be another ad network on the Internet that is as comprehensive and effective as Google Adsense. Work on these 5 strategies and you’ll enjoy using Adsense to monetize your website or blog.