How to apply for Sweden student visa is a question you will want to find an answer to when you plan to further your studies in Sweden as a Nigerian. Getting a Sweden student Visa is very easy and something you can process by yourself. I will at this point advice you not to pay any online agent who promise to do it all for you because most of them will run with you money. You have to apply in person and do the whole processing by yourself. Your first step to getting your Sweden student Visa is to read this article to the end for correct information.
This article will be useful for you if you are searching for how long it takes to issue Sweden visa in Nigeria after submission, how much is Sweden visa fee and Sweden embassy address in Nigeria. If you want information about Sweden visa requirements for Nigerian citizens, Swedish visa application center and Sweden visa application form online. You should just read this post to the end.
Study In Sweden Overview
Sweden is one of the largest countries in Europe. It has a great diversity in its nature and climate. Its distinctive yellow and blue flag is one of the national emblems that reflect centuries of history between Sweden and its Nordic neighbours.
Swedish higher education institutions are divided into universities, university colleges and non-university sector of higher education. They are not among the tops in international rankings. However, some of them are in the list of top 200 universities of the world. The teaching model applied at Swedish universities and university colleges is based on the motto ‘freedom with responsibility. Sweden is really one of the best place you can study as a Nigerian.
Sweden Student Visa
There are different categories of Visa you can apply for when travelling to Sweden. Business, tourist, transit and a Sweden student visa. The reason you are going to Sweden will determine the type of Visa you will apply for. This article is just to show you how to apply for a Sweden student Visa because you are going to study in Sweden.
Sweden student visa for a study stay of less than 3 months is a national D-visa issued by the Migration Agency in Sweden. If your studies in Sweden will last longer than three months, you’ll need a residence permit before travelling to Sweden.
Sweden Student Visa Required Documents
When applying for a Swedish student residence permit you must submit the following compulsory supporting documents:
1. The student resident permit application form, this is done either online or via the embassy.
2. An international passport valid for at least three months after the last date of your stay.
3. A copy of the first page in your passport which shows your personal details, the period of validity and whether you have permission to live in countries other than Nigeria
4. Two recent colour photographs in passport format that are no older than six months and are 45 mm x 35 mm in size. You must take the passport against a light background and show you looking straight ahead.
5. Letter of acceptance from a Swedish University as evidence that a University has offered you an admission to study.
6. Copy of document proving that you have comprehensive medical insurance coverage in Sweden (if you have been admitted to studies that last less than one year).
7. Bank statement showing that you have the means to support yourself. This bank statement, which you will add to your application. Either on scholarship, you have to present the bank statements of your sponsor.
8. Swedish online visa application fee is SEK1000 for adults and SEK500 for minors, this fee is paid online with a credit or debit card in connection with the residence permit application.
9. A copy of your ticket for the return journey
Sweden Student Visa Residence Permit Application Process
To begin the Swedish student residence permit process online you must having the following available;
- have reached the age of 18
- have a valid e-mail address
- be able to pay the application fee using a Visa card or MasterCard
- scan or photograph the documents before you attach
- have a program that reads pdf format i.e. adobe or acrobat reader
The Swedish student residence permit application process includes the following steps:
- Pay your first tuition fee installment
- Begin your online student residence permit application
- Prepare and upload all your supporting documentation for the residence application process
- Submit the online application
- Pay the application fee online
Other Things To Know About Sweden Student Visa
After your online application, the Swedish Migration Agency will begin to assess your application right away.
For the Swedish Migration Agency to make a decision about your application, you need to fill all the details and attach all supporting documents.
The current processing time for a residence permit for studies is three months or more. Be sure to submit your application as soon as possible after receiving your notification of admission.
You’ll need an entry visa for travel to Sweden, visit the Swedish embassy in Abuja as soon as you have been granted a student residence permit, to be photographed and finger printed. This is so that you can be given a residence permit card and travel to Sweden.
The Offline Swedish Student Residence Permit Process
The Sweden embassy also accepts student residence permit but the Visa and residence permit applications are received by appointment only.
Appointments and Booking
Appointments bookings are handled by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, you must include the following information in your appointment request in order to be given a valid appointment date:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Passport number,
- Contact information
- and your visa application fee payment bank teller number.
- E-mails will get reply in 1-2 weeks.
Sweden Student Visa Processing Time
The waiting period to get an appointment for an interview for residence permit is 2-3 months and for visas 2-3 weeks. During spring/summer the waiting period can be up to 6 weeks.
Sweden Embassy Address In Nigeria
41 T. Y. Danjuma Street
Getting a Sweden student Visa is a very easy once you follow the rules and have the right documents. You can read about my previous articles in the Study Abroad section. If you have any question about Sweden student visa, you can ask below.
Thank you so much for reading. Please share with others.